Questão de Inglês - Now read the excerpt with some of the young people’s answers in the report.

4 - Now read the excerpt with some of the young people’s answers in the report. Check your predictions and match the paragraphs to the topics you saw in activity.

GENERATION Z: ‘WE HAVE MORE TO DO THAN DRINK AND TAKE DRUGS’ 
Post-millennials have very different attitudes to older age groups, says a new report 
[...] 
So, are the kids all right? “We have so much more to do than [just] drink and take drugs,” says Demi Babalola, a 19-year-old philosophy and sociology student. “I’m not surprised those [statistics] show that’s the case: it makes sense. 
We have a lot more to distract us now.” _________________________ 
[...]
“Going out takes a lot of effort: it’s boring, repetitive and expensive,” she says. “Obviously, I used to go out a lot in my first year [at university], but now we do more kickbacks.” _________________________ [...]
“We hang out, we listen to music, make our own food, and play games,” she says. “We’ll probably organise it a couple of days before.” _________________________ 
Lewis Allely, 14, from Cornwall, agrees: “We’re quite different [from your generation] because there’s more stuff to do at each other’s houses and we have more technology – like, we have video games.” _________________________ 
Clara Finnigan, 22, student at the University of Arts, London, points out: “The whole anxiety of not having stability in your future is something that is definitely very present. I won’t probably ever own my own house, unless I get really lucky.” [...]_________________________ 
“I don’t expect to have one full-time gig; my career won’t be defined by one job. I know I’ll have to do stuff I don’t enjoy to be able to do passion projects that I do.” _________________________
Amelia Colthart, a 22-year-old graduate from Leicester, and Myesha Owen Munro, a 17-year-old student from north London, both agree: “At my age, my parents and my grandparents owned their own home,” says Colthart. “I don’t go out clubbing – I know my limits. I go to friends’ houses [for kickbacks], but I have to prioritise my career goals because it’s a lot harder to achieve what I want.” _________________________
“We’re more inclusive,” says Babalola. “You can do what you want as long as you don’t harm anyone and stay safe. It’s about freedom.” _________________________
Do monogamous relationships hold any appeal? “Well, I don’t know anyone who wants to get married as a life goal. Why would you spend the whole of your life with one person?”, says Owen Munro. _________________________ 
“Self-care is a much bigger deal for us”, says Colthart. Generation Z-ers will, after all, be living longer and more healthily, and looking better for it. _________________________ 
So what is the new going out? The Generation Z idea of fun that is inexplicable to older adults? [...] “[Communicating through social media] is kind of documenting your life, but you have an audience and you immediately know who’s interacting. I enjoy it – it makes me feel important that 100 people are watching what I’m eating.”  

RESPOSTA:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog